We’ve combined roast chicken and stroganoff to create a new family favourite that is guaranteed to feed and please a crowd.
The ingredient of Roast chicken stroganoff
- 2kg whole chicken
- 75g butter
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 middle bacon rashers, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1/2 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 200g cup mushrooms
- 200g flat mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 4 portobello mushrooms, quartered
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 500g dried fettuccine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, plus extra to serve
- 300g steamed green beans, to serve
The instruction how to make Roast chicken stroganoff
- Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan-forced.
- Pat chicken dry inside and out with paper towel. Tie legs together with string. Place in a roasting pan. Top with 50g of butter and thyme. Add bacon to pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Roast for 1 hour. Baste with pan juices.
- Add stock, garlic and 1/2 of the mushrooms to pan. Sprinkle chicken and mushrooms with paprika. Roast for a further 1 hour. Baste with pan juices.
- Add remaining mushrooms to pan. Toss to coat in stock and bacon mixture. Roast for a further 1 hour or until chicken is very tender.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta following packet directions. Drain well. Return to saucepan. Add chives and remaining butter. Season with pepper. Toss to combine. Cover to keep warm.
- Carefully transfer chicken to a plate. Combine sour cream and tomato paste in a small bowl. Add to mushroom mixture. Stir to combine (mixture may curdle slightly). Sprinkle with parsley. Serve chicken and mushroom mixture with pasta and beans, sprinkled with extra parsley.
Nutritions of Roast chicken stroganofffatContent: 877.13 calories
saturatedFatContent: 42.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 19.4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 64.8 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 55.9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 224 milligrams cholesterol