Coconut water is the secret ingredient to making this finger lickin fried chicken.
The ingredient of Indonesian garlic fried chicken
- 1.6kg chicken, cut into 10 pieces
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 stem lemongrass, white part chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 80ml (1/3 cup) gluten-free rice wine vinegar
- 1L (4 cups) coconut water
- Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
- Cooked jasmine rice, to serve
- Thinly sliced garlic, fried, to serve
- Sliced cucumber, to serve
- Sliced carrot, to serve
- Micro coriander, to serve
- Lime cheeks, to serve
- Sambal oelek, to serve
The instruction how to make Indonesian garlic fried chicken
- Place chicken in a large glass or ceramic dish. Use a mortar and pestle to pound the garlic, coriander, lemongrass and sea salt to a paste. Stir in the turmeric and vinegar. Pour over chicken, tossing to coat. Cover and place in fridge for 2 hours to marinate.
- Transfer chicken and marinade to a large saucepan. Pour in the coconut water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Use tongs to transfer the chicken to a plate. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- Add enough oil to a large saucepan or wok to reach a depth of 10cm. Heat oil to 180u00b0C on a cooku2019s thermometer (a small cube of bread will turn golden brown in 15 seconds). Fry chicken, in batches, for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Serve chicken with rice, garlic, cucumber, carrot, coriander, lime and sambal oelek.
Nutritions of Indonesian garlic fried chickenfatContent: 839.607 calories
saturatedFatContent: 54 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 34 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 52 grams protein