Enjoy a lighter twist on chicken parmigiana, with our chicken parmy salad, complete with a zesty lemon and garlic dressing.
The ingredient of Chicken parmy salad platter
- 50g (1 cup) panko breadcrumbs
- 25g (1/3 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 400g small chicken breast fillets
- Sunflower oil, to shallow-fry
- 110g tub buffalo mozzarella, torn
- 500g mixed heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- Micro herbs, to serve
- Sliced lemon, to serve
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
The instruction how to make Chicken parmy salad platter
- Combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan, thyme leaves, fennel and salt in a bowl. Place flour and egg in separate bowls.
- Use a rolling pin to gently pound the chicken fillets to flatten them slightly. Dip the chicken in flour and shake off any excess. Dip the chicken in the egg and then the breadcrumb mixture, pressing gently to coat.
- Add enough oil to a frying pan to come 2cm up the side of the pan. Heat over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 4 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Preheat the grill on high. Place the chicken on a baking tray. Top with mozzarella and season. Grill the chicken for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the chicken is cooked through.
- For the dressing, combine the lemon rind, lemon juice, oil and garlic in a small bowl. Season.
- Slice the chicken. Arrange the tomato, zucchini and chicken on a platter. Sprinkle with the micro herbs. Drizzle with a little dressing. Serve with the remaining dressing and the lemon slices.
Nutritions of Chicken parmy salad platterfatContent: 601.802 calories
saturatedFatContent: 37 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 25 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 38 grams protein