Golden chicken breasts are given a wonderful flavour and texture in this satisfying comfort food.
The ingredient of Chicken with pesto and mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 100g mild pancetta, chopped
- 1/2 cup (50g) grated parmesan
- 50g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 egg
- 6 chicken breasts with skin (wing bone attached - optional)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white wine
- 200g mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons pesto
The instruction how to make Chicken with pesto and mascarpone
- Place half the oil in a frypan over medium heat, add onion and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the pancetta and cook for 1-2 minutes until starting to crisp, then cool slightly. Place the mixture in a food processor with the parmesan, breadcrumbs parsley and egg. Pulse for just a few seconds until combined but still coarse. Season the stuffi ng with salt and pepper, then cool completely.
- Use your fingers to gently loosen the skin of the chicken (taking care not to tear the skin), then carefully push the bread mixture underneath the skin. Pull the skin back over the stuffing, then place in a dish, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until the stuffing is firm.
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C.
- Heat remaining oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Cook the chicken skin-side down (in batches if necessary) for 1-2 minutes until golden, then turn and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Transfer chicken, skin-side up, to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, return the pan to medium heat, add wine and cook until reduced by half. Turn heat to low, stir in the mascarpone and heat through, then stir in the pesto.
- Place chicken breasts on plates and drizzle over some sauce - serve any remaining sauce on the side. Serve with potatoes, beans & peas (see related recipe).
Nutritions of Chicken with pesto and mascarponefatContent: