This tasty summer salad combines beautiful smoked chicken with the crunch of toasted pine nuts.
The ingredient of Chicken and pine nut salad
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, sliced lengthways
- 1kg smoked chicken, skin removed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 3 sticks celery, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 small cos lettuce, leaves torn
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken and pine nut salad
- Toss nuts in a small frying pan over medium heat until golden. Set aside.
- Cook snow peas in a small saucepan of boiling salted water for 15 seconds. Drain. Refresh in cold water. Drain. Pat-dry with paper towels.
- Remove chicken flesh from bones. Slice into 1/2cm-thick pieces. Place into a bowl.
- Add nuts, snow peas, onions, celery and lettuce to chicken. Drizzle with oil and juice. Toss to combine. Serve with bread.
Nutritions of Chicken and pine nut saladfatContent: 405.344 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 3 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 54 grams protein