Create a new family favourite with this flavoursome Moroccan-style chicken dish.
The ingredient of Moroccan-style chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs on the bone
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2cm fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 1/2 cups Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 2 oranges, rind shredded, juiced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, chopped
The instruction how to make Moroccan-style chicken
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until browned. Remove to a plate.
- Add remaining oil, onion and ginger to frying pan. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Return chicken to frying pan with stock, orange rind, 1/2 cup juice and cinnamon. Cover. Cook for 20 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked through.
- Add zucchini and raisins. Cover. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in couscous. Cover. Cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Season. Sprinkle with coriander. Serve.
Nutritions of Moroccan-style chickenfatContent: 809.015 calories
saturatedFatContent: 31 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 74 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 24 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 55 grams protein
sodiumContent: 198 milligrams cholesterol