Youll be blown away by how much this recipe tastes like the fried chicken you get from fast-food joints! Serve with chips and gravy for the real experience.
The ingredient of Fast-food fried chicken
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1.5kg mixed chicken pieces, bone in (see note)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- Oven-baked chips, to serve
- Gravy, to serve
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons MasterFoodsu00ae Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Fast-food fried chicken
- Make Not-so Secret Seasoning: Place celery salt, garlic powder, thyme, basil, oregano, mustard powder, paprika, ginger, salt and pepper in a screw-top jar (see note). Secure lid. Shake well to combine.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the seasoning into a large snap-lock bag. Add buttermilk and chicken. Seal bag. Massage chicken to coat evenly in marinade. Refrigerate overnight to allow flavours to develop.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Set chicken aside for 15 minutes.
- Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl. Combine flour and remaining seasoning in a separate shallow bowl. Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, shaking off excess. Return to flour mixture, tossing to coat. Shake excess flour mixture from chicken and place on a plate.
- Pour enough oil into a large saucepan or wok to come 8cm up the side. Heat over medium-high heat (oil should reach 165u00baC). Deep-fry chicken, in batches, turning, for 8 to 12 minutes or until chicken is deep golden brown and cooked through. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to paper towel to drain.
- Serve chicken with chips and gravy.
Nutritions of Fast-food fried chickenfatContent: 719.629 calories
saturatedFatContent: 47.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11.4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 32.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 42.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 203 milligrams cholesterol