Serve these schnitzels with hot buttery pasta and steamed broccolini for a complete meal.
The ingredient of Lemon and herb chicken schnitzels
- 4 chicken breasts fillets, trimmed
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs (see note)
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sage leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Extra-light olive oil, for frying
- 250g dried egg tagliatelle pasta
- Steamed broccolini, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Lemon and herb chicken schnitzels
- Preheat oven to 130u00b0C. Place chicken between 2 sheets plastic wrap. Pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin until 4mm thick.
- Combine flour and salt and pepper on a large plate. Lightly whisk eggs in a shallow dish. Combine breadcrumbs, lemon rind, parsley and sage in a separate shallow dish.
- Lightly coat chicken in seasoned flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg then coat in breadcrumb mixture, pressing crumbs on with fingertips to secure.
- Place 1 tablespoon butter in a large frying pan. Pour oil into pan until 1cm deep. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Cook schnitzels, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden. Drain on paper towel. Place on a baking tray in oven to keep warm while cooking remaining schnitzels.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain and return to saucepan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat. Serve schnitzel with pasta, broccolini and lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Lemon and herb chicken schnitzelsfatContent: 722.497 calories
saturatedFatContent: 23 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 64 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 1 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 60 grams protein