Combine barbecue chicken with couscous for a marvelous dinner idea without the fuss.
The ingredient of Barbecued chicken and couscous salad
- 1/2 cup pistachio kernels
- 2 red capsicums, quartered, deseeded
- 2 green zucchini, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 2 yellow zucchini, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 barbecued chicken, flesh roughly chopped
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
The instruction how to make Barbecued chicken and couscous salad
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Spread pistachios on an oven tray. Cook for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool. Roughly chop.
- Preheat grill on high heat. Place capsicum, skin side up, on grill tray. Grill for 5 minutes or until skin is black and blistered. Transfer to a plastic bag. Twist opening to seal. Stand for 10 minutes. Remove skin and thinly slice capsicum.
- Spray both sides of zucchini with oil. Place on grill tray. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until light golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, bring stock to the boil in a saucepan over high heat. Place couscous in a large heatproof bowl. Add stock and orange juice. Stir with a fork to combine. Cover and stand for 5 minutes or until couscous has absorbed all liquid. Drizzle with oil. Stir with a fork to separate grains.
- Add pistachios, capsicum, zucchini, chicken, parsley and vinegar to couscous. Season with salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine. Serve.
Nutritions of Barbecued chicken and couscous saladfatContent: 887.646 calories
saturatedFatContent: 35 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 57 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 80 grams protein