Creamy polenta tastes fabulous with the salty prosciutto and sage chicken breasts in white wine sauce.
The ingredient of Chicken saltimbocca with creamy polenta
- 4 medium (about 220g each) single chicken breast fillets, tenderloins removed
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 16 fresh sage leaves
- 50g butter
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) water
- 500ml (2 cups) milk
- 170g (1 cup) instant polenta (cornmeal)
- 20g (1/4 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 60ml (1/4 cup) thin cream
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 125ml (1/2 cup) dry white wine
- Finely chopped fresh continental parsley, to serve
- Steamed broccolini, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken saltimbocca with creamy polenta
- Use a sharp knife to cut each chicken fillet in half horizontally to make 8 thin pieces. Place 1 piece of chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Use the flat side of a meat mallet or a rolling pin to gently pound the chicken until about 7mm thick. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
- Place the chicken pieces, cut side up, on a clean work surface. Top each piece with 1 slice of prosciutto and 2 sage leaves. Roll up firmly to enclose the filling and secure with a toothpick.
- Melt half the butter in a frying pan over medium heat until foaming. Add the chicken and cook for 4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, heat the water and milk in a large saucepan over medium heat until mixture almost comes to the boil. Gradually add the polenta in a thin steady stream, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until all the polenta is incorporated into the water. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until mixture thickens and polenta is soft. Add the parmesan, cream and remaining butter and stir until parmesan melts. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the frying pan over high heat. Add wine and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Divide polenta among serving plates. Top with chicken, drizzle with wine sauce and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with steamed broccolini, if desired.
Nutritions of Chicken saltimbocca with creamy polentafatContent: