These individual macaroni cheese dishes with a crispy crumb topping are perfect for light dining.
The ingredient of Cheesy chicken macaroni
- 250g dried macaroni pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 rashers rindless bacon, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 60g butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 barbecued chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded
- dressed salad leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Cheesy chicken macaroni
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain and return to pan. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon and cook for 6 to 7 minutes or until light golden. Add green onions and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Place bacon mixture, breadcrumbs and 1/2 cup cheese in a bowl. Toss to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Grease six 1 1/4-cup capacity ramekins. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until mixture bubbles. Remove from heat and gradually whisk in milk. Return to heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until sauce comes to the boil and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese.
- Add chicken, cheese sauce and salt and pepper to pasta. Stir until well combined. Spoon into ramekins. Sprinkle over breadcrumb mixture. Place on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until topping is golden and pasta is hot. Serve with salad.
Nutritions of Cheesy chicken macaronifatContent: 887.646 calories
saturatedFatContent: 41 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 23 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 54 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 12 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 74 grams protein
sodiumContent: 247 milligrams cholesterol