Make week nights special with this delicious stuffed chicken which is surprisingly easy to prepare.
The ingredient of Garlic and basil stuffed chicken
- 60g butter, at room temperature
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded fresh basil
- 4 (about 200g each) chicken breast fillets
- 25g (1/4 cup) dried (packaged) breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 bacon rashers, rind and excess fat trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 leek, pale section only, washed, thinly sliced
- 300g (2 cups) frozen baby peas
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Garlic and basil stuffed chicken
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Place the butter, garlic and basil in a small bowl, and stir to combine. Use a small sharp knife to cut a horizontal slit in the thickest part of each chicken breast to create a pocket. Divide the butter mixture into 4 equal portions. Spread each chicken pocket with a portion of butter mixture.
- Place the breadcrumbs on a plate. Dip the chicken into the breadcrumbs, pressing firmly to coat. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a baking tray. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and leek and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leek softens. Add the peas and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until tender and heated through. Remove from heat. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the chicken among serving plates and drizzle with any pan juices. Serve immediately with the sauteed peas, bacon & leek.
Nutritions of Garlic and basil stuffed chickenfatContent: 399.13 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 4.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 46 grams protein