This creamy penne dish with smoked chicken is so easy even the kids could make it.
The ingredient of Smoked chicken with capsicum penne
- 1 large (about 280g) red capsicum, halved, deseeded, cut into 2cm-thick strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 500g smoked chicken drumsticks
- 200g (2 1/2 cups) penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan
- 80ml (1/3 cup) low-fat sour cream
- 1 bunch rocket, ends trimmed, washed, dried
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Smoked chicken with capsicum penne
- Preheat oven to 220C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place capsicum on prepared tray and brush with oil. Bake on top shelf of preheated oven for 20 minutes or until brown. Wrap chicken in foil and place on a baking tray. Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Remove from oven. Remove chicken meat from bones. Discard bones.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions until al dente. Drain and return to the pan. Cover with a lid to keep warm.
- Combine parmesan and sour creme in a bowl.
- Divide the pasta among serving plates. Top with chicken, capsicum, rocket and a dollop of the sour creme mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutritions of Smoked chicken with capsicum pennefatContent: 388.614 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 39 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 33 grams protein
sodiumContent: 79 milligrams cholesterol