A mixture of pan-fried speck, eschalots, garlic and potatoes add a boost of flavour to the succulent chicken breasts.
The ingredient of Chicken with tarragon and mustard gravy
- 4 free-range chicken breast fillets, skin on
- 3 tablespoons Maille Dijon Originale Mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 600g waxy potatoes, quartered
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100g speck or pancetta, rind removed, cut into thin batons
- 4 eschalots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 200ml dry white wine or cider
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- Green salad, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Chicken with tarragon and mustard gravy
- Place chicken in a non-reactive dish. Brush with half the mustard and sprinkle with half the tarragon. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Place potatoes in a pan of salted water and bring to boil. Cook for 5 minutes or until just beginning to soften. Drain well and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C.
- Melt butter with the oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Cook the chicken, skin-side down, for 2-3 minutes until skin is golden. Turn over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Transfer chicken to a heavy-based roasting pan.
- Return frypan to heat and add speck, eschalots, garlic and potatoes. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes, until speck and potatoes begin to crisp. Add flour, stir for 1 minute, then add wine, stock and remaining mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil, then pour over chicken and place in oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove chicken and potatoes from roasting pan and set aside. Place dish on stove over medium heat and stir to reduce sauce slightly. Add cream, stirring until just heated through. Place chicken and potatoes in serving bowls, then pour over the sauce. Garnish with remaining chopped tarragon and serve with green salad, if desired.
Nutritions of Chicken with tarragon and mustard gravyfatContent: 655.816 calories
saturatedFatContent: 35 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 24 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 54 grams protein
sodiumContent: 183 milligrams cholesterol