The ingredient of Spicy beans with chicken
- 4 tablespoons Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 4 teaspoons mild curry paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney, plus extra to serve
- 425g can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon sultanas
- 100ml Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 500g cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
The instruction how to make Spicy beans with chicken
- Use a sharp knife to score the drumsticks once or twice (to allow the marinade to penetrate).
- Combine half the yoghurt and half the curry paste in a bowl and spread over the drumsticks. Set aside for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 190u00b0C.
- Place chicken on a lightly greased baking tray and roast for 40 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through.
- Place oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 1 minute until it starts to soften. Add the garlic, chilli and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add the remaining curry paste and cook for a few seconds to allow flavours to develop. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Simmer gently for 15-20 minutes until reduced and thickened.
- Serve beans with a chicken drumstick, a dollop of yoghurt and the extra mango chutney.
Nutritions of Spicy beans with chickenfatContent: 369.494 calories
saturatedFatContent: 16 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 30 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 22 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 23 grams protein
sodiumContent: 75 milligrams cholesterol