The ingredient of Spiced pilaf with cumin chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 20g butter
- 2 brown onions, halved, sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 cup Basmati rice, rinsed
- 1 3/4 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 300g green beans, steamed, to serve
The instruction how to make Spiced pilaf with cumin chicken
- Place 1 tablespoon oil, butter, onion and a pinch of salt in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes until onion is golden.
- Add cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaves. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until aromatic. Add rice and stir until coated with oil. Add stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook gently for 12 to 15 minutes or until all stock is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Combine cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining oil. Rub over chicken. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, reduce heat to medium and cook for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Remove cinnamon stick and bay leaves. Stir coriander through the pilaf with a fork. Serve with the chicken and beans.
Nutritions of Spiced pilaf with cumin chickenfatContent: 555.436 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 46 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 51 grams protein
sodiumContent: 129 milligrams cholesterol