Excellent for eating raw or stir-fried, snow pea sprouts are popular in Asian cuisine. So, their crispness is right at home in this Vietnamese-style starter.
The ingredient of Chicken rice paper rolls
- 1.25L (5 cups) water
- 1 brown onion, halved
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 single chicken breast fillets
- 8 rice paper sheets
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 100g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
- 8 baby cos lettuce leaves
- Vietnamese dipping sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken rice paper rolls
- Place water, onion and peppercorns in a saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Add chicken. Cover. Set aside for 30 minutes to poach. Remove chicken. Set aside to cool.
- Shred chicken. Dip 1 rice paper sheet into warm water for 30 seconds or until it softens. Arrange chicken along one edge, leaving a 2cm border. Top with mint, snow pea sprouts and a lettuce leaf. Roll up to enclose. Halve.
- Repeat with the remaining rice paper sheets, chicken, mint, snow pea sprouts and lettuce. Serve with sauce for dipping.
Nutritions of Chicken rice paper rollsfatContent: 52.819 calories
saturatedFatContent: 1 grams fat
sugarContent: 5 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 1 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 15 milligrams cholesterol