Bowl the kids over by whipping up this warm tomato soup with beef meatballs.
The ingredient of Meatball and tomato soup
- 250g beef mince
- 1/2 small carrot, peeled, grated
- 1/2 small zucchini, grated
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 cups Massel beef style liquid stock
- 3 cups tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Meatball and tomato soup
- Combine mince, carrot, zucchini and green onion in a bowl. Using 1 heaped teaspoon of mixture at a time, roll into 20 balls. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add meatballs. Cook, turning, for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add beef stock, tomato puree and sugar. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add meatballs. Simmer for 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Season with pepper. Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley and serve.
Nutritions of Meatball and tomato soupfatContent: 229.201 calories
saturatedFatContent: 8.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 16 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 19.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 37 milligrams cholesterol