*Disclaimer: This recipe is a member recipe. It has not been tested by the taste.com.au team.
The ingredient of Chicken, chorizo (and prawn) paella
- 2 chorizo sausages, chopped
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, roughly diced
- 300g prawns, uncooked, peeled (optional)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- 3 1/3 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken, chorizo (and prawn) paella
- Combine paprika and 1 teaspoon of turmeric in a bowl. Add chicken to spice mixture. Using your fingertips, rub spices into chicken.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a paella pan or a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chorizo, onion, garlic and chilli. Cook, stirring occasionally for 4 minutes or until chorizo is light golden. If using prawns add prawns to chorizo mixture and cook for a further 2 minutes or until prawns change colour. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining oil to pan. Cook chicken for about 7 minutes or until golden. Add 1 cup of stock to pan. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 8 minutes. Remove the lid; boil gently, uncovered for 10 minutes or until almost all liquid has evaporated.
- Combine 2 cups of remaining stock and remaining turmeric in a jug. Add rice, tomatoes and stock mixture to pan. Stir to combine. Return to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Add peas, chorizo mixture and remaining 1/2 cup of stock. Simmer for 5 minutes or until stock is just absorbed. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Chicken, chorizo (and prawn) paellafatContent: