Curry for kids: Warm them up gently with this low-heat, kid-friendly chicken curry.
The ingredient of Chicken noodle laksa
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup laksa paste
- 4 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 400ml can light coconut milk
- 250g Changs dried rice-stick (pad Thai) noodles
- 150g dried vermicelli noodles
- 100g snow peas, trimmed sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves (optional)
The instruction how to make Chicken noodle laksa
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add oil. Swirl to coat. Add laksa paste. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add stock, soy sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Add coconut milk. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, place rice stick noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water. Cook for 3 minutes. Add vermicelli and snow peas. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until noodles are tender. Drain.
- Divide noodle mixture between bowls. Top with chicken mixture, mint and coriander (if using). Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken noodle laksafatContent: 486.604 calories
saturatedFatContent: 13.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 56 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 34.7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 86 milligrams cholesterol