Indulge your love of winter cooking and take extra comfort in knowing that this mouth-watering dish is deliciously guilt-free.
The ingredient of Chicken and capsicum hotpot
- 2 red capsicums, halved, seeded
- Olive oil spray
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Chopped fresh continental parsley, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken and capsicum hotpot
- Preheat grill on high. Cook capsicum, skin-side up, under grill for 8 minutes or until charred and blistered. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes (this helps lift the skin). Peel. Thinly slice the flesh.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over high heat. Spray with oil. Cook half the chicken, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a large plate. Repeat with oil and remaining chicken, reheating the pan between batches.
- Reduce heat to medium. Spray the pan with oil. Cook the onion for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and paprika and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the chicken, tomato and water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add the capsicum and honey. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Season with pepper.
- Divide the rice among serving bowls. Top with the chicken mixture and sprinkle with parsley.
Nutritions of Chicken and capsicum hotpotfatContent: 197.414 calories
saturatedFatContent: 3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 10 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 30 grams protein
sodiumContent: 74 milligrams cholesterol