Between sips of a refreshing white, get your teeth into lemony, garlicky chicken topped with a zingy aioli.
The ingredient of Lemon & herb chicken with aioli
- 3 x 1.3kg whole fresh chickens
- 125ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh lemon thyme
- 6 dried bay leaves, torn
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 80ml (1/3 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 235g (1 cup) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, extra, crushed
- 4 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch rocket, ends trimmed
The instruction how to make Lemon & herb chicken with aioli
- Rinse the chickens inside and out. Pat dry with paper towels. Place chickens, breast-side down, on a clean work surface. Use poultry shears or sharp kitchen scissors to cut along either side of the backbone of each chicken. Discard backbones. Turn chickens over and open. Press to flatten. Place in 2 shallow glass or ceramic dishes.
- Combine the oil, lemon rind, rosemary, lemon thyme, bay leaves, garlic and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice in a small bowl. Pour over the chickens. Spread to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight to marinate.
- Combine the mayonnaise, extra garlic and remaining lemon juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Place 2 wire racks in 2 large roasting pans. Spread the lemon slices over the racks. Place the chickens, skin-side up, over the lemon. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Cut into serving pieces. Serve with the au00efoli and rocket.
Nutritions of Lemon & herb chicken with aiolifatContent: 1059.965 calories
saturatedFatContent: 78 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 18 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 10 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 82 grams protein
sodiumContent: 335 milligrams cholesterol