Learn some tricks with this wonderfully versatile and delicious peanut-crusted chicken recipe.
The ingredient of Peanut-crusted chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 600g chicken tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 270ml lite coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Asian greens, to serve
The instruction how to make Peanut-crusted chicken
- Process nuts, salt and curry powder together until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Press chicken in peanut mixture.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Cook chicken, in 2 batches, for 5 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add peanut butter, coconut milk, kecap manis, sugar and lime juice. Stir until smooth. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until mixture just simmers. Serve chicken with peanut butter mixture, rice and greens.
Nutritions of Peanut-crusted chickenfatContent: 576.468 calories
saturatedFatContent: 39 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 9 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 47 grams protein
sodiumContent: 88 milligrams cholesterol