Dig into our unique take on chicken lasagne that includes layers of soft polenta, creamy bechamel and melted cheese.
The ingredient of Chicken and polenta lasagne
- Olive oil spray, to grease
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 170g (1 cup) instant polenta (cornmeal)
- 60g (3/4 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100g bacon rashers, coarsely chopped
- 1 leek, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 55g (1/2 cup) coarsely grated mozzarella
- Fresh continental parsley leaves, to serve
- Rocket leaves, to serve
- 60g butter
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 750ml (3 cups) milk
- 25g (1/3 cup) finely grated parmesan
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- White pepper
The instruction how to make Chicken and polenta lasagne
- Lightly spray an 8cm-deep, 11 x 21cm (base measurement) loaf pan with oil. Line with non-stick baking paper. Bring stock to the boil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Gradually add the polenta in a thin, steady stream, whisking constantly until all the polenta is incorporated into the stock.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for 4 minutes or until the mixture thickens and the polenta is soft. stir in 1/3 cup of parmesan. Pour into prepared pan and smooth the surface. Set aside to cool. Cover and place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight to set.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the bacon and leek and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the leek starts to soften. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add chicken and cook, using a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Add the rosemary and parsley. set aside.
- To make the bechamel, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat until foaming. stir in flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Gradually add the milk, whisking constantly, until smooth. place the milk mixture over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for 4 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat. stir in the parmesan and nutmeg. season with salt and white pepper. Add half the bechamel to chicken mixture.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Slice polenta into 12 equal pieces. Spray six 375ml (1 1/2-cup) capacity ovenproof dishes with oil. Place 1 piece of polenta in a dish. Top with a little chicken mixture. Top with another piece of polenta and a little more chicken mixture. Drizzle over one-sixth of remaining bechamel. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the remaining parmesan and 1 tablespoon of mozzarella. Repeat with the remaining polenta, chicken mixture, bechamel, parmesan and mozzarella.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and cheese melts. Top with parsley leaves. serve with rocket.
Nutritions of Chicken and polenta lasagnefatContent: 618.771 calories
saturatedFatContent: 35 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 17 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 39 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 36 grams protein
sodiumContent: 143 milligrams cholesterol