How do you cater when the whole family isnt home at the same time for dinner? With this easy-to-reheat chicken casserole!
The ingredient of Spicy chicken and vegetable casserole
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, quartered
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled, halved, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons Sacla chilli pesto
- 1 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 large red capsicum, chopped
- 375ml can coconut light and creamy evaporated milk
- 150g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Steamed white rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Spicy chicken and vegetable casserole
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a heavy-based, flameproof casserole dish or saucepan, over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in dish. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes, or until softened. Add carrot. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until just starting to brown. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in pesto and stock. Bring to the boil.
- Return chicken to dish. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes. Add capsicum. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add milk and beans. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in parsley. Serve with rice.
Nutritions of Spicy chicken and vegetable casserolefatContent: 689.993 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 70.9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 43.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 114 milligrams cholesterol