Soft polenta makes a lovely base for juicy chicken breasts with creamy ricotta stuffing.
The ingredient of Ricotta chicken with polenta
- 160g (2/3 cup) low-fat fresh ricotta
- 70g (1/3 cup) fat-free semi-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 4 (about 150g each) single chicken breast fillets
- Olive oil spray
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 500ml (2 cups) skim milk
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 170g (1 cup) instant polenta
The instruction how to make Ricotta chicken with polenta
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Combine the ricotta, semi-dried tomato and basil in a small bowl. Season with pepper.
- Cut a horizontal slit in the thickest part of each chicken breast to create a pocket. Divide ricotta mixture among the pockets. Use toothpicks to secure.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Spray with olive oil spray. Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes each side. Transfer to a baking tray. Bake for 12 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile, to make the polenta, bring the milk and water to the boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Add the polenta in a thin, steady stream, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat. Season with pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray lightly with olive oil spray. Add the spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until the spinach just wilts.
- Cut the chicken diagonally into slices. Divide the polenta among serving plates. Top with spinach and chicken to serve.
Nutritions of Ricotta chicken with polentafatContent: 442.389 calories
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 43 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 14 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 49 grams protein
sodiumContent: 112 milligrams cholesterol