Tender chicken breast fillets are given a Vietnamese twist in this succulent recipe.
The ingredient of Chicken with Vietnamese caramel sauce
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup (80ml) light soy sauce
- 125g brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamarind concentrate*
- 4 chicken breast fillets (with skin and wingbone** - optional)
- Baby Asian salad leaves, to serve
- Steamed white rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken with Vietnamese caramel sauce
- Heat half the oil in a small pan over medium heat, add ginger and stir for 1 minute. Add soy and sugar and cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Add fish sauce and tamarind, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens and is a dark caramel colour.
- Make 3 slashes in each chicken breast and season with salt and pepper. Heat remaining oil in a frypan over mediumhigh heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Turn and cook for 2 minutes on the other side, then turn skin-side down once more. Drain any excess fat, reduce heat to medium-low, then add sauce and cook chicken, basting, for a further 5 minutes or until cooked through. Slice chicken and serve drizzled with the sauce, with Asian salad leaves and rice.
Nutritions of Chicken with Vietnamese caramel saucefatContent: 455.295 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 32 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 31 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 55 grams protein