Try our low-fat version of the classic casesar salad - it is delicious!
The ingredient of Grilled chicken caesar salad
- 1 x 30cm Lebanese bread
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 crisp n crinkly bacon rasher (Huttons brand)
- 1 (about 200g) single chicken breast fillet, excess fat trimmed
- 1 small cos lettuce, leaves separated, washed, dried, large leaves torn
- 10g shredded parmesan
- 80g low-fat fresh ricotta
- 4 anchovy fillets, patted dry with paper towel
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Pinch of caster sugar
- 90g (1/3 cup) skim milk natural yoghurt
- Freshly ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Grilled chicken caesar salad
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Place the bread on a baking tray and brush with half the oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until golden and crisp. Set aside on the tray to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, heat a chargrill on medium-high. Add the bacon and cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden. Set aside to cool. Brush the chicken fillet with the remaining oil and cook on the chargrill for 4 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- To make the dressing, place the ricotta, anchovies, egg yolk, lemon juice, mustard, garlic and sugar in a blender. Blend until smooth. Place the yoghurt in a small bowl and whisk with a fork until smooth. Gradually stir in the ricotta mixture. Taste and season with pepper.
- Break the bread roughly into 4cm pieces. Use a sharp knife to cut the bacon crossways into 5mm-thick strips. Cut the chicken across the grain into 5mm-thick slices.
- Place the lettuce in a large serving bowl. Arrange the bread pieces and chicken slices amongst the lettuce and sprinkle with the bacon and parmesan.
- Dollop dressing amongst salad. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Grilled chicken caesar saladfatContent: 247.126 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 17 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 22 grams protein
sodiumContent: 90 milligrams cholesterol