Mouth-watering Asian flavours spring to life in this super-healthy and easy chicken stir-fry.
The ingredient of Chicken and vegetable stir-fry
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 single chicken breast fillets, without tenderloins (about 200g each), trimmed, cut across the grain into thin strips
- 1 brown onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, cut into thin strips
- 1 large head (about 400g) broccoli, cut into florets
- 250g button mushrooms or mushroom caps, sliced
- 2 fresh red birdseye chillies, deseeded (if desired), thinly sliced
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated or chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 100g bean sprouts, trimmed (optional)
- Cooked jasmine rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken and vegetable stir-fry
- Heat a wok over high heat for about 1 minute. (If you add the oil to a cool wok, it may burn while heating.) Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and swirl it around the wok to coat the entire surface. Heat for 30-60 seconds or until very hot (a slight haze will appear above the oil).
- Add half the chicken strips to the wok and stir-fry, tossing often, for 1-2 minutes or until the chicken is sealed and just cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside. Reheat about half the remaining oil and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok and heat over high heat until hot. Add the onion and capsicum, and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the broccoli and mushrooms, and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes. Add the chillies, ginger and garlic, and stir-fry for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Return the chicken to the wok with the soy sauce, oyster sauce and water. Toss for about 1 minute or until the vegetables and chicken are coated with the sauce, and the vegetables are tender crisp.
- Remove the wok from the heat and toss through the bean sprouts. Serve immediately with the cooked rice.
Nutritions of Chicken and vegetable stir-fryfatContent: 319.065 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 6 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 42 grams protein
sodiumContent: 88 milligrams cholesterol