Create a healthier version of traditional burgers with chicken mince patties wrapped in tortillas.
The ingredient of Barbecued chicken burgers
- 500g chicken breast, minced (see note)
- 2 eggwhites
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2/3 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup mild tomato salsa, to serve
The instruction how to make Barbecued chicken burgers
- Combine chicken mince, eggwhites, paprika, cumin, garlic, onions, 1/2 cup coriander leaves and pinch salt in a bowl. Mix well. Using 1/3 cup per burger, shape mixture into six 7cm patties.
- Preheat barbecue plate or non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray both sides patties with oil. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Spray both sides tortillas with oil. Barbecue for 1 minute each side or until warmed. Divide among plates. Top each with 1 patty, lettuce, tomato, remaining coriander and 1 tablespoon salsa. Fold over half the tortilla and secure with toothpick. Serve.
Nutritions of Barbecued chicken burgersfatContent: 161.086 calories
saturatedFatContent: 2.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 0.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 11 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 21.7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 58 milligrams cholesterol