Next time youre craving takeaway chicken, look no further than your own kitchen.
The ingredient of Fried chicken with coleslaw
- 600ml buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup (60ml) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 cups (160g) finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup (80g) finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour, seasoned
- Sunflower oil, to deep-fry
The instruction how to make Fried chicken with coleslaw
- Combine the buttermilk, mustard, paprika, garlic and 1 teaspoon each sea salt and pepper. Add chicken and turn to coat in the buttermilk mixture. Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour, or overnight. Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C.
- To make coleslaw, whisk mayonnaise, vinegar and 2 tablespoons warm water in a bowl until combined. Season, then toss with the cabbage, carrot and spring onion. Chill. Place flour on a plate. Remove chicken from the buttermilk mixture, shaking off excess. Roll in flour, then shake off excess.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large pan to 190u00b0C (a cube of bread should turn golden in 30 seconds). In 2 batches, fry chicken for 4-5 minutes, turning with tongs to ensure even cooking, until crisp and golden.
- Place on a tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes until cooked through. Sprinkle chicken with salt and serve with coleslaw.
Nutritions of Fried chicken with coleslawfatContent: 459.119 calories
saturatedFatContent: 27 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 20 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 33 grams protein
sodiumContent: 149 milligrams cholesterol