Whether youre at the beach or back at the holiday house, this fresh, sunny dish is sure to please.
The ingredient of Chicken nicoise burger
- 2 slices day-old wholemeal bread, crusts removed, torn
- 1/2 cup (125ml) skim milk
- 450g chicken mince or turkey breast mince
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped, plus whole leaves to serve
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup nicoise or kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250g green beans, sliced lengthways, blanched
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 soft-boiled eggs, peeled, halved
- 4 anchovy fillets, drained
The instruction how to make Chicken nicoise burger
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Soak bread in milk for 5 minutes, then drain. Gently squeeze bread to remove excess liquid, then place in a bowl with mince, onion, garlic, parsley, zest and cumin. Roughly chop 2 tablespoons olives and add to the mince. Season and mix with damp hands until combined. Shape into 4 thick burger patties. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Place an ovenproof frypan over medium-high heat. Brush patties with oil. Cook for 2 minutes each side until browned. Bake for 8-10 minutes until cooked through.
- Arrange beans, lettuce, tomato, patties, egg, anchovies, parsley and remaining olives on plates, then season and serve.
Nutritions of Chicken nicoise burgerfatContent: 256.925 calories
saturatedFatContent: 17 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 12 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 11 grams protein
sodiumContent: 102 milligrams cholesterol