Pick up a roast chicken and whip together this gorgeous Mediterranean chicken pasta salad for a quick and satisfying main or side.
The ingredient of Mediterranean chicken pasta salad
- 4 cups dried farfalle pasta
- 1 small barbecued chicken, skin and bones removed, shredded
- 250g cherry tomatoes on vines
- 1 lebanese cucumber, halved, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, torn
- 2/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup (80ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
The instruction how to make Mediterranean chicken pasta salad
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water following packet directions until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Place the pasta, chicken, tomato, cucumber, capsicum, onion, basil, parsley, olives and pine nuts in a large bowl.
- Make dressing: place vinegar, oil and garlic in a screw-top jar. Season with pepper. Secure lid and shake to combine.
- Pour the dressing over salad and toss to combine. Serve.
Nutritions of Mediterranean chicken pasta saladfatContent: 770.297 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 84 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 48 grams protein
sodiumContent: 131 milligrams cholesterol