Get souped up with a bowl of chicken & corn noodle soup!
The ingredient of Chicken and corn noodle soup
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 cobs corn
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 600g chicken thigh fillets
- 2 spring onions
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice
- 450g packet fresh rice noodles (see note)
The instruction how to make Chicken and corn noodle soup
- Peel and finely chop onion. Heat oil in a large saucepan over mediumu2013high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until soft. Meanwhile, remove husks and silks from corn. Working with 1 cob at a time, hold upright and cut kernels away from cob.
- Add kernels and stripped cobs to onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until kernels are starting to soften. Add stock, soy sauce, chicken and 1L water. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and bring mixture to a gentle simmer, then cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken and set aside.
- Cook soup for a further 15 minutes to develop flavours. Meanwhile, slice spring onions on the diagonal. Combine five-spice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper in a small bowl. Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand, gently separating noodles, for 10 minutes or until softened.
- Using tongs, remove corn cobs from soup and discard. Place a sheet of paper towel flat over surface of soup to remove oil, then discard. Repeat twice more.
- Drain noodles, then divide among bowls with soup. Roughly shred chicken into bowls. Scatter with spring onions and a pinch of spiced salt to serve.
Nutritions of Chicken and corn noodle soupfatContent: 495.686 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 39 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 34 grams protein