Gather fiery chillies, bunches of feathery coriander and this easy Vietnamese recipe, and youre all set to make a fresh and delicious midweek meal.
The ingredient of Chicken and wombok salad
- 1 whole barbecued chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded
- 2 cups finely shredded wombok (Chinese cabbage)
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves dressing
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (see note)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 long fresh red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
The instruction how to make Chicken and wombok salad
- To make the dressing, stir the fish sauce, sugar, water, soy sauce, vinegar and chilli in a small bowl until the sugar dissolves.
- Combine the chicken, wombok, onion, mint and coriander in a bowl. Pour over the dressing and toss to combine. Divide the salad among serving dishes.
Nutritions of Chicken and wombok saladfatContent: 413.709 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 8 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 70 grams protein
sodiumContent: 233 milligrams cholesterol