Get out the chopsticks and dive into a bowl of slippery noodles and tasty chicken.
The ingredient of Chicken chow mein
- 350g fresh chow mein noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 chicken breast fillets, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 brown onion, halved, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons Changs hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 100g beansprouts, trimmed
The instruction how to make Chicken chow mein
- Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 to minutes or until tender. Drain. Rinse under warm water. Combine arrowroot and 2 tablespoons cold water to form a paste.
- Heat a large wok over high heat until hot. Add 2 teaspoons oil and swirl to coat base and sides. Add one-third of the chicken and stir-fry for 1 minute or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with oil and remaining chicken in 2 batches.
- Add remaining oil, ginger and garlic to wok. Stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add onion and stir-fry for 1 minute or until tender. Return chicken and any juices to wok.
- Add capsicum, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce and arrowroot mixture to wok. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add noodles and stir-fry for a further 1 minute or until noodles are heated through. Remove from heat. Add beansprouts and toss to combine. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken chow meinfatContent: