The sweetness of dried apricot plays with the succulent chicken to create a winning meal.
The ingredient of Chicken and apricot hotpot
- olive oil cooking spray
- 8 chicken lovely legs
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 1/4 cups Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 2 carrots, peeled, thickly sliced
- 2 parsnips, peeled, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
The instruction how to make Chicken and apricot hotpot
- Heat a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Spray chicken with oil. Cook chicken, in 2 batches, turning, for 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate. Reduce heat to medium. Spray saucepan with oil. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, cumin, ground coriander, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups stock into pan, stirring to scrape base of pan. Return chicken to pan. Add carrots, parsnips and apricots. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove cover and increase heat to medium. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Combine remaining 3/4 cup stock and 1/2 cup water in a large saucepan over high heat. Cover and bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Add couscous and stir with a fork. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Stir gently with a fork to separate grains.
- Spoon couscous into serving bowls. Spoon over hotpot and sprinkle with chopped coriander. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken and apricot hotpotfatContent: 564.279 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 51.3 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 52.8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 184 milligrams cholesterol