Made with chicken, clear noodles and a peanut sauce, this street-food favourite is named after the sound made as you pound the chicken.
The ingredient of Bang bang chicken
- 500g chicken breast fillets
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 5cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 250g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 telegraph cucumber, trimmed, halved, cut into matchsticks
- 4 shallots, pale section only, cut into 5cm lengths
- 130g (1/2 cup) Smooth Peanut Butter
- 60ml (1/4 cup) light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoons chilli oil
- 60ml (1/4 cup) warm water
The instruction how to make Bang bang chicken
- Place the chicken in a medium saucepan. Pour over the stock and water. Add the ginger to the pan and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken to a clean work surface, reserving 2 tablespoons of the poaching liquid. Use a rolling pin to pound the chicken. Shred the chicken. Place the chicken and reserved poaching liquid in a bowl.
- Place the sesame seeds in a small frying pan over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until toasted.
- To make the sesame sauce, place the peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, combined oil and 2 tablespoons of water in a bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Drain. Place in a large bowl. Add the chicken, cucumber and shallot. Toss to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Gradually add the remaining water to the sauce, stirring, until the sauce reaches pouring consistency. Drizzle the sauce over the salad. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds to serve.
Nutritions of Bang bang chickenfatContent: 444.301 calories
saturatedFatContent: 17 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 41 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 27 grams protein
sodiumContent: 49 milligrams cholesterol