The ingredient of Salsa chicken with chickpea rice
- 3/4 cup brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- olive oil cooking spray
- 4 (150g each) chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 300g jar 99% fat-free chunky tomato salsa
- 400g broccoli, trimmed, cut into florets
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 400g can Edgell chick peas, drained, rinsed
The instruction how to make Salsa chicken with chickpea rice
- Place rice and stock in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until stock is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Lightly spray both sides of chicken with oil. Cook for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add salsa to frying pan. Heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until hot.
- Place broccoli and beans in a steamer basket. Place over a saucepan of simmering water and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Remove rice from heat. Stir in chickpeas and season with pepper. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Spoon rice onto plates. Top with chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon over salsa. Serve with broccoli and beans.
Nutritions of Salsa chicken with chickpea ricefatContent: 441.433 calories
saturatedFatContent: 5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 45 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 48 grams protein
sodiumContent: 88 milligrams cholesterol