Fiery chilli and fragrant lemon grass combine in this classic Vietnamese chicken stir-fry. Steamed jasmine rice is the ideal accompaniment to the sweet and salty flavours.
The ingredient of Lemon grass chicken
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 600g single chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 stems lemon grass, pale section only, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 3 shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 55g (1/3 cup) roasted salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Steamed white rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Lemon grass chicken
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat until just smoking. Add one-third of the chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until browned. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken to a large plate. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with the remaining chicken, reheating the wok between batches.
- Add the chilli and lemon grass to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add the chicken, fish sauce, sugar and half the shallot to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute or until the chicken is heated through. Divide the chicken mixture among serving plates. Scatter the peanuts and remaining shallot over the chicken. Serve with steamed rice.
Nutritions of Lemon grass chickenfatContent: 302.574 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 6 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 38 grams protein
sodiumContent: 88 milligrams cholesterol