The ingredient of Prawn and chicken wonton soup
- 6 cups (1.5L) chicken consomme or Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 4cm-piece ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander roots and stems
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese black vinegar
- 1 bunch baby choy sum, ends trimmed
- 4 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 400g medium green prawns, peeled, deveined, finely chopped
- 200g chicken mince
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing wine or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis (sweet Indonesian soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 40 egg wonton wrappers
The instruction how to make Prawn and chicken wonton soup
- To make the prawn and chicken wontons, combine the prawns, chicken, coriander, ginger, oyster sauce, shaoxing wine, kecap manis and sugar in a bowl.
- Place a wonton wrapper on a clean surface. Spoon a heaped teaspoonful of prawn mixture onto the centre of the wrapper. Use a pastry brush dipped in water to brush the edges. Fold the wrapper diagonally to enclose the filling. Brush one corner with water and bring down under the filling to meet the second corner and press to join together. Place on a plate. Continue with remaining prawn mixture and wonton wrappers.
- Place the consomme in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and bring to a simmer. Add the ginger, coriander roots, soy sauce and vinegar and bring to a simmer. Add the wontons and cook for 5 minutes or until stock returns to a simmer and wontons are cooked through. Add the choy sum and cook for 1 minute or until it just wilts. Remove from heat.
- Ladle the soup, wontons and choy sum among serving bowls. Sprinkle with green onions and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Prawn and chicken wonton soupfatContent: 305.92 calories
saturatedFatContent: 4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 35 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 29 grams protein