Kids — wok hard over a quick and easy stir-fry.
The ingredient of Sweet and sour chicken
- 1/4 cup Alfa One rice bran oil
- 500g chicken tenderloins, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 medium red onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 bunch baby (Dutch) carrots, peeled, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 1/2 small pineapple, peeled, chopped
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 250g jar sweet and sour stir-fry sauce
- 1 cup beansprouts, trimmed
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Sweet and sour chicken
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Swirl to coat. Add half the chicken. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with 1 tablespoon oil and remaining chicken.
- Heat remaining oil in wok. Stir-fry onion for 2 minutes or until just softened. Add carrot and pineapple. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Return chicken to wok. Add tomato and sauce. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until heated through. Add beansprouts. Toss to combine. Serve with rice.
Nutritions of Sweet and sour chickenfatContent: 394.35 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 35 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 30 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 30 grams protein
sodiumContent: 74 milligrams cholesterol