Our favourite Indian curry just got better with a healthy, low fat and low sodium make-over.
The ingredient of Reduced-fat butter chicken
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 400g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 300g can Heinz Big Red salt-reduced tomato soup
- 200g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 1/2 cup light thickened cream
- 80g baby spinach
- 1/3 cup fat-free Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 cups steamed Basmati rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Reduced-fat butter chicken
- Spray a large, deep non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until light golden. Transfer to a plate. Add tomatoes. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add ginger, cumin, coriander, garam masala and chilli powder to tomatoes. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add chicken, soup, beans and 1?2 cup cold water. Stir. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 10 minutes or until starting to thicken. Stir in cream. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and yoghurt. Stir until spinach has wilted. Serve with rice.
Nutritions of Reduced-fat butter chickenfatContent: 444.54 calories
saturatedFatContent: 16.9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 43.8 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 25.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 78 milligrams cholesterol