A modern take on Coronation salad with tender poached chicken and potatoes in a delicious curried mango dressing.
The ingredient of Curried chicken and potato salad
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 6-8 fresh parsley stalks
- 3 (200g each) chicken breast fillets, skinless
- 2 teaspoons KEENS Curry Powder
- 1/4 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, roughly chopped
- 6 chat potatoes, cooked and thickly sliced
- McCormick Adjustable Grinder Sea Salt
- McCormick Adjustable Grinder Black Peppercorns
- Fresh parsley leaves
The instruction how to make Curried chicken and potato salad
- Place 4 cups (1 litre) of water, both stock cubes, garlic and parsley stalks in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil, then add chicken and return to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through. Remove from heat. Stand chicken in liquid for 5 minutes. Transfer chicken breast to a plate and refrigerate until cold. Slice the chicken thickly.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a bowl to combine.
- To serve, place lettuce on serving platter, top with potato slices and a generous drizzle of the dressing. Add chicken slices and remaining dressing.
- Season well with McCormick Sea Salt and Black Pepper.
- Sprinkle over parsley leaves and serve.
Nutritions of Curried chicken and potato saladfatContent: