Kids will love these homemade chicken nuggets. Served with oven-baked wedges and salad, they make an easy meal.
The ingredient of Herb crusted chicken bites
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 2 cups (200g) fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- salt and cracked black pepper
- flour, for dusting
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes
- lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Herb crusted chicken bites
- Preheat oven to 210u00b0C. Place the mixed herbs, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix until combined, then set aside. Place the flour in another bowl and the eggs in a third bowl. Toss the chicken cubes in the flour, dusting off any excess. Working in batches, dip the chicken pieces into the egg, then the breadcrumbs, pressing to coat well.
- Once all the chicken is crumbed, heat a little oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Cook the chicken in batches until golden. Remove and transfer to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Place in oven for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve chicken with lemon wedges and a little whole egg mayonnaise for dipping, if desired.
Nutritions of Herb crusted chicken bitesfatContent: 315.002 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 19 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 43 grams protein