Snow peas add a satisfying crunch to this Asian-style chicken salad.
The ingredient of Chicken and snow pea salad
- 1.25L (5 cups) cold water
- 1 brown onion, halved
- 2 (about 250g each) single chicken breast fillets
- 200g snow peas, trimmed
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 long fresh red chilli, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Steamed rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken and snow pea salad
- Place water and onion in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Add chicken. Cover. Remove from heat. Set aside for 30 minutes to poach. Transfer the chicken to a plate. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the snow peas and sugar snap peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Refresh under cold running water. Drain.
- Combine the vinegar, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and chilli in a small bowl.
- Coarsely shred the chicken. Place in a large bowl. Add the snow peas, sugar snap peas, lime leaves and 1/2 cup of the coriander. Toss gently to combine.
- Divide among serving dishes. Drizzle over the dressing. Top with the remaining coriander. Serve with steamed rice.
Nutritions of Chicken and snow pea saladfatContent: 177.816 calories
saturatedFatContent: 2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 6 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 31 grams protein
sodiumContent: 74 milligrams cholesterol