Theres nothing better than a fragrant bowl of golden chicken broth studded with root vegetables and herbs.
The ingredient of Chicken noodle soup
- 1.6kg whole chicken
- 2 carrots, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 leeks (pale part only), thinly sliced
- 2 parsnips, peeled, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 170g thin dried egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons dill sprigs
The instruction how to make Chicken noodle soup
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towel. Place in a large stockpot and add 2 1/2L (10 cups) cold water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Add carrot, onion and bay leaves (top with a saucer to keep chicken submerged). Reduce heat to medium and cook, skimming impurities from the surface, for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan. Carve off the breast fillets either side of the breast bone, remove and discard skin and set aside.
- Return the chicken carcass to the pot, add the leek, parsnip and celery, then season. Cook for a further 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove chicken from the pot, and shred the remaining meat from legs and thighs, discarding skin. Shred meat from the reserved breast fillets.
- Return shredded chicken to the pan with spinach leaves. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to packet instructions. Drain.
- Divide the noodles among bowls, ladle over the soup, then garnish with parsley and dill sprigs to serve.
Nutritions of Chicken noodle soupfatContent: 665.854 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 41.8 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9.9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 77.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 235 milligrams cholesterol