A sweet and sticky chicken dish that the whole family will relish.
The ingredient of Sticky Hawaiian chicken
- 125ml (1/2 cup) fresh pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 lime, rind finely grated, juiced
- 4 (about 1.2kg) chicken marylands, excess fat trimmed
- 3 small (about 530g) sweet potatoes, scrubbed, cut into wedges
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
The instruction how to make Sticky Hawaiian chicken
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Combine pineapple juice, tomato sauce, soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic, cumin, chilli, 1u20442 tsp lime rind and 1 tbs lime juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 6-7 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat a large flameproof roasting pan over medium-high heat. Spray the chicken with olive oil. Season. Cook the chicken, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add sweet potato and onion to pan. Pour over the pineapple mixture and roast, basting twice with pan juices, for 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and caramelised. Serve sprinkled with the remaining lime rind.
Nutritions of Sticky Hawaiian chickenfatContent: 568.581 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 42 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 45 grams protein