Zingy lemon rind cuts through the velvety richness of this luscious pasta dish.
The ingredient of Creamy chicken penne
- 400g penne rigate
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 single chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- 1 leek, pale section only, washed, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 125g (1/2 cup) light sour cream
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas
- 60g (3/4 cup) shredded parmesan
The instruction how to make Creamy chicken penne
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain. Return to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes each side or until cooked. Transfer to a plate and cover.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan. Add the leek and garlic and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until soft. Stir in the sour cream. Gradually add the stock, stirring constantly until combined. Add lemon rind and peas and bring to the boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Thickly slice the chicken. Add to pasta with leek mixture and combine. Divide among serving bowls and sprinkle with parmesan. Season with pepper to serve.
Nutritions of Creamy chicken pennefatContent: 670.634 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 76 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 44 grams protein
sodiumContent: 90 milligrams cholesterol