Ready in 35 minutes, this easy chicken laksa curry is perfect for busy weeknights.
The ingredient of Quick green laksa with chicken
- 2 large chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 150g rice vermicelli noodles
- 400ml can light coconut milk
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 150g green beans, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 150g snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, plus wedges, to serve
- 1/4 cup fresh Vietnamese mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 lemongrass stalk, trimmed
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, deveined, roughly chopped
- 3 long green chillies, roughly chopped
- 3cm piece fresh galangal, peeled, roughly chopped
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 eschalot, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons shrimp paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
The instruction how to make Quick green laksa with chicken
- Make Laksa paste: Roughly chop half the lemongrass. Place in a small food processor. Add lime leaves, chilli, galangal, ginger, garlic, eschalot, shrimp paste, turmeric, cumin and ground coriander. Process until finely chopped. Gradually add oil, processing until mixture forms a paste.
- Split remaining lemongrass in half. Heat a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook paste, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add chicken. Cook, tossing in paste, for 1 minute. Add stock and lemongrass. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare noodles following packet directions. Drain well.
- Add coconut milk, broccolini, beans and snow peas to laksa. Season with pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender and chicken is cooked through. Arrange noodles in serving bowls. Ladle over laksa. Top with bean sprouts. Drizzle with lime juice. Sprinkle with mint and coriander leaves. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutritions of Quick green laksa with chickenfatContent: 535.36 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 39.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 46.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 98 milligrams cholesterol